The Laveen School District, in partnership with Maricopa County Department of Public Health (MCDPH), will be providing infant and childhood immunizations as well as COVID-19 vaccines at an event held at the Laveen Education Center.
Date: Tuesday, June 22, 2021
Time: 2:00 pm – 7:00 pm
Location: Laveen Education Center, 5001 West Dobbins Rd
State law requires students to have up-to-date immunizations, or a valid exemption, in order to attend school. You may view the immunization requirements on our Immunization page. While most required childhood vaccines are typically administered before the age of six, children who have turned 11* require two adolescent vaccines -Tdap and Meningococcal (MCV4).
Tdap is a combination vaccine that provides protection against three bacterial diseases — Tetanus, Diphtheria, and Pertussis (Whooping Cough). Meningococcal prevents against four types of bacterial meningitis.
Parents should review their child’s immunization records. If these vaccinations have not been received, the child should obtain the vaccination. Proof of immunizations, or an exemption form, will need to be received before the student can begin school.
*Adolescent vaccines will not be provided to children who have not turned 11 by June 26.
Two COVID-19 vaccines will also be available at this event. Pfizer (approved for ages 12+) and Johnson & Johnson (approved for ages 18+) will be administered as well. Additional scheduled COVID-19 vaccine clinics can be found on our COVID Vaccine page.
There are no out-of-pocket costs for this event. Everyone will be accepted (uninsured, private insurance, or AHCCCS).
Parents must accompany their children to receive immunizations.
Face masks are optional for individuals that are fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Face masks are required for individuals who are not fully vaccinated.
Families are asked to:
- Bring their own pen
- Bring the immunization record and any immunization notices sent by the school
- Bring the insurance card if available
- Practice social distancing and monitoring the amount of people in the building at one time
- Ask only the person/s needing vaccine and or only one parent or guardian to accompany children. Everyone else is asked to remain outside of the building while practicing social distancing.
- Ask families to maintain social distancing while waiting
- Clean the area and items between families
- Ask families to avoid coming to the immunization clinic when you or your child is sick with COVID-19 symptoms, which may include fever, cough, and difficulty breathing.